Sunday, October 18, 2009

Saryn Kate Monsen

I know its been forever since I have updated my blog but I'm finally making time now!! I was induced on September 16th, one week before my due date. Labor was about 4-5 hours by the time the actual contractions started. My sister in law Melanee told me that I wasn't allowed to have an epidural until I experienced real contractions, so to humor her, I lasted as long as I could. I made it to 7cm dilated before I was crying uncontrollably and begging for my epidural! When they gave me the epidural, it was only working on my right side for a couple minutes so I had to adjust the way I was laying to make some of it go to the left side. The epidural was wonderful once it started working on both sides, however it was somewhat pointless because 30 minutes after I had it administered, I was fully dilated and ready to push. The nurse told me to do a practice push and when I did she said "STOP PUSHING!" So I stopped and looked at her confused and she said, "That was a great push, the baby is about to come out let me get the doctor." So a few minutes later he came in and one push later Saryn was born!



Saryn Kate Monsen was born on September 16, 2009 at 6:50 pm weighing in at 6 lbs 13 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. When she came out, she looked JUST like Carys!


She was so tiny! I felt like I was going to break her! Carys was 7 lbs 6 oz, so this little baby is the smallest I've ever held! But she is so adorable!


Yes, I cried a little :0)


Rob was so good the whole time I was in labor. He always surprises me at how good he can handle things. He was an excellent coach, and was wonderful as he held my hand through those agonizing contractions! Here he is with Saryn after she was weighed and measured.




2 comments:

derek and michelle said...

She is beautiful!!!! I have been checking everyday to see her. Congrats! I hope everything is going well.

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness, you got to 7 cm?! That is pretty freaking cool. :) You guys have the cutest little family - and I love that picture of Robby & his new girl.