Friday, April 27, 2012

Pinterest Project: Bird House

Like many women out there, I am sometimes addicted to Pinterest. So, whilst searching through the pin boards one day, I found this awesome idea! Not only would I love it, but I know for a fact that my girls would too. It's simple and fun!

Step 1: Start with a plain, unpainted birdhouse


 Step 2: Cut out the back panel so you can see inside (if your husband has a soft spot he will add a grate so the "babies don't fall out)


Step 3: Have your children paint and decorate it anyway they'd like! (I sure hope birds like glitter and MAGENTA)



 Step 4: Attach said birdhouse to the window





Step 5: Watch baby birds hatch and be fed from the inside of your home!


My girls are so extremely excited every morning they wake up to see if a bird has moved in yet. It's been really windy and rainy the last few days so we are hoping we get a little bird family soon! I hope it works because they are so excited, that it would be heartbreaking if no birds come in. The other day I put a few pieces of apples on the window sill and the birds ate it right up. Tonight I left a little baby donut on the window and inside part of the birdhouse hoping that something will happen! Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: