Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Beautiful Friend


On May 12th one of my best friends passed away. Meghan Layne Veronie. It has been a hard few weeks but every day seems to get a little easier. She fell asleep one night and didn't wake up. They think she had a brain aneurism in the middle of the night. It is so sad and so terrible. I am grateful that I have the gospel and that I know what happens when we pass on to the next life. I think that is one of the greatest things that is getting me through. I try not to think or talk about it because then I get all weepy, and since I'm pregnant, I have a hard time stopping the tears...

SO - I started to bake and cook instead. If I bake or cook, I keep my mind off of it! So Rob has had a whole slew of treats lately. 

I'll miss you Meghan, and love you! :0)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks for writing about this Brenna. I know it is very hard to deal with. I remember Meghan from high school but we never really knew each other. I always remember thinking she was SO BEAUTIFUL. I lost a friend a few years ago to a similar situation. It does get easier but it never goes away. I suppose that is good...memories are good...forgetting isn't what that person wants. It is just hard for us down here not having heaven and all:)

Emily